Childcare and Eldercare Policies in Changing Times: Lessons from the Czech Republic and Norway
The conference is bringing together those with an interest in childcare and eldercare policies – including representatives from government departments, providers from the public and private sectors, think tank members and academics – to share knowledge and engage in debate.
Prof. Bjørn Hvinden, research professor and Managing Director of Norwegian Social Research, Oslo and Akershus College of Applied Sciences, Norway
Prof. Birgit Pfau-Effinger, university professor and the Head of Centre for Globalization and Governance, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Hamburg University, Germany
Prof. Martin Potůček, university professor and the Head of Centre for Social and Economic Strategies, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
About conference also: https://is.muni.cz/obchod/
The first meeting of the research teams from Masaryk University and NOVA was held on the 3rd December 2014 at HiOA NOVA in Oslo.
Several important issues were on the agenda:
- Project objectives, structure of work, outputs, deliverables and timescale
- Expected results of the project, publication plan, dissemination plan
- Administration and financing
- Systems of childcare and eldercare in Norway
- Systems of childcare and eldercare in the Czech Republic
- Division of work in the project and in WPs
- Theory and methods, presentation of the existing plan and discussion on the content
The presentations on the systems of child- and elder-care in both countries are available for download below:
- Childcare and Elderly Care in Norway (Marie Louise Seeberg)
- Early Childhood Education and Care in the Czech Republic (Jana Válková)
- Elderly and Long-term Care in the Czech Republic (Josef Horňáček)
National workshop in Brno
Institute for Public Policy and Social Work has organised a workshop on current challenges in child- and elder-care provision. The workshop was held on 15 September 2015 at the Faculty of Social Studies, Joštova 10, Brno.
The event was attended by more than 30 national, regional and local stakeholders involved in financing, regulation and provision of care in both policy fields – childcare and eldercare.
The presentations from national workshop are available for download below:
- Czech Workshop Attitudes towards Eldercare (Josef Horňáček)
- Czech Workshop Developments of Eldercare (Kateřina Kubalčíková)
- Czech Workshop Attitudes towards Childcare (Jana Válková)
- Czech Workshop Developments of Childcare (Pavel Horák)
Advisory Board Meeting in Oslo
The project has established an Advisory Board to provide support to the research teams in progress of their scientific work, review of the work undertaken and help ensure its high quality. Both teams are delighted to have prof. Mary Daly (University of Oxford), prof. Arnlaug Leira (University of Oslo) and prof. Martin Potůček (Charles University) as Advisory Board members.
The first Advisory Board Meeting took place in Oslo on 18 September 2015. The aim of the Meeting was to present and discuss research results achieved so far in WP1 and 2. The obtained feedback has been very enriching. The next meeting of the Advisory Board is planned in September 2016.Photo:
Research Stay in Oslo
Czech project team member Jana Válková was awarded a grant for individual Educational Sector Staff Placement which allowed her to work 2 months with the colleagues from HiOA NOVA in order to finalise the planned scientific book proposal and pursue with book chapter preparations. The research stay was supported from Programme EEA and Norway Grants – Bilateral Scholarship Programme (Programme CZ07).